West Chester Family Law Firm Understands What It Takes to Get the Results You Want
Putting more than 25 years of experience to work for you
Family law is constantly changing, and choosing the right attorney to handle your case is vital to procuring a favorable outcome for you and your family. At The Law Office of Marta S. Laynas, each client is given personalized attention in a comfortable and relaxed setting. The attorneys at this West Chester firm have the legal knowledge and hands-on experience necessary to create a practical plan and help your family move on from even the most challenging situations.
Supportive counsel for an extensive range of family law issues
At this firm, you’ll find compassionate and skilled family law practitioners dedicated to helping you navigate the Chester County legal system and comply with the specific requirements inherent in family law. The firm regularly handles cases involving:
- Divorce — Divorce cases comprise a significant part of this firm’s practice. The lawyers provide the solid legal advice and assistance you need to move on to the next phase of your life.
- Child support — Each parent has an equal responsibility to contribute to the health and well-being of a child. This firm works hard to reach a successful child support resolution for all parties that places the best interests of the child above all else.
- Child custody — Child custody cases can be the most contentious and stressful legal matters. You need an experienced mediator and litigator who does whatever is necessary to protect your child’s interests. The firm handles a significant number of relocation cases as well.
- Paternity — A legal father has specific rights and responsibilities regarding financial support and visitation, among other things. You can rely on this firm to help you establish and enforce paternity determinations.
- Property division — Following a divorce, you may need help creating a fair and reasonable property division agreement. An attorney who strives to resolve disputes out of court but has the courtroom skills and experience you need if you and your spouse are unable to reach a mutual decision can make the process go smoother.
- Spousal support — In some instances, the court may determine that one party is in need of financial assistance after a divorce. Spousal support amounts are affected by several factors, but the court is primarily concerned with a spouse’s need in relation to the other spouse’s ability to pay.
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial agreements — Properly executed prenuptial and postnuptial agreements can save you time and money by detailing how property and assets are to be handled in the event of a divorce.
- Adoptions — The adoption process is often expensive and time-consuming. You need an experienced attorney who is familiar with the complexities and requirements associated with adopting a child.
- Domestic violence — Domestic violence cases are emotional and personal. Whether you need help seeking protection from abuse or defending against abuse allegations, this firm provides valuable support and resources to protect your rights.
In addition to these areas of practice, the firm handles estates and wills. A divorce inevitably changes the terms of a living will. Following a divorce, it is important to revoke prior wills and execute a new will that details how you would like property distributed upon your death.
Reliable family law advice and guidance in Chester County
The Law Office of Marta S. Laynas is conveniently located in the township of West Chester, just 15 minutes from downtown. There is ample free parking available for your convenience. Call 610-692-3460 or contact the firm online to discuss your case. Evening appointments are available if necessary.